Thursday, July 31, 2014

Monograms & Margaritas Theme

Momma Pea has a best friend that she's known for the last 16 years {yes, Freshman year of High School}. We call bff's of MPP, Chick Peas. This particular Chick Pea is getting married this year! It's a happy day in our lives not only because she finally found her King Pea, but because Momma Pea {me}, Sugar Pea & Sweet Pea {my daughters} are all in the wedding party. Naturally, I had to throw her a Bridal Shower that she's been dreaming of.

Snap Pea Imagining & Design's {our sister company}, Queen Pea Cassidy, did all of the photography for the shower. It was probably the best reunion ever since my Pea Pod could not make it to Disneyland last year {when we normally bring Queen Pea with us}, so we had not seen her in over a year. Sad, I know. Ok, enough 'PEA' puns...let's see the goods.


The theme: Monograms and Margaritas. The invite was fairly simple in a luxe shape with the colors for the University of Georgia {Chick Pea's favorite football team...well mine too...I did grow up there} and the Monogram of the soon-to-be couple "LHD". 


I first have to show you this gorgeous old battle home called "The Corry House" nestled in Union Point, Georgia. Erin was absolutely amazing at helping me with everything I needed to plan the shower from Texas. Including my first time ever hiring a caterer. Here's our group shot in front of the house.




These are the little touches I added to the shower. The frames are from Ikea - roughly $1.50 each. I put together a "Meet the Maids" table where I had each of the bridesmaids send me a few sentences about how she knows the bride and a little photo. The 5x7 frame was then a gift to each maid to say "Thank you" from Chick Pea.  The margarita glasses were a STEAL I found at "Aldi". If you don't have one, google them and find your closest one. Normally, glasses like that range from $12-25 for a box of 4. I got the last 14 boxes on their shelves for $2.89/box. Yes, you read that correctly. I don't throw parties to see how much money I can spend. If I hadn't found the actual glasses, then I would have done something else. {Prayer helps, too} Next to the Margarita glasses, are the give away prizes. We have people self-address an envelope and draw an envelope for people to win the prize. Plus, it helps the thank you notes get to the people on time! I didn't want the typical give away prizes, so I did a "Baking Bowl" {Inside the mixing bowl had a cake mix, some margarita flavored chocolate, an oven mitt, and icing}; a "Relax" basket {had soaps, salts and other things that were margarita scented.}; a movie popcorn bucket {that had popcorn, candy, and a "Wedding Planner" movie inside}; and finally there was a "Pasta Night Bowl" {where I got a colander, with pasta, sauce, and a hot pad}. These ideas, I found on Pinterest. This platter was her "guestbook" for the day. It had a monogram that Chick Pea's friend designed {that I tried recreating...paint isn't forgiving}. Everyone signed it. The Pins you see where people bake a sharpie on a $1 store mug, doesn't work. This is a specialized pen from Blick Arts called "Pebeo". I found this out from a pottery place in Vegas when I did my first plate for a friend that was having a baby. Inside the Margarita Glasses, was a personalize charm {picked out by Chick Pea and made by Misty's Mystical Jewelry}, a drink recipe from Chick printed on a specially designed paper from Etsy's Cupcake Express Shop, and tied off with red & black tulle. The other frame had Instagram information for those that had Instagram. It was for others to take photos, post on Instagram, and use the hashtag #dlhwed so Chick Pea can find her photos later!



For the Main centerpiece, Chick Pea found a special on Jane.com where there was a person selling these 18" monogram cut outs. She purchased it, I painted it, and then hung command hooks on the back upside down to hold the tulle. This polka dot paper was found at Hobby Lobby. Because it's an old battle home, I knew tape wouldn't really hold so I used command hooks and strips to put everything up. While the home is gorgeous, it's hard to throw a modern party in that setting. Command products = everyone's party friend.


The Food was AMAZING. Chick Pea's third love {behind future King and her furbabies} is Mexican food. I wanted to keep it small with "tapas" sized things. Erin's recommendation was a local caterer who does this as a side job with her mom. Lauren is awesome. They did beyond what I expected and she was amazing at communication. You can reach her through Erin! The black bean cakes and mini chicken quesadillas were my favorites. Everyone loved everything though and Chick Pea lived off of the leftovers for about a week after. Chick Pea is a flexitarian so we had to make sure there was plenty for her to eat. It's SO much easier in Mexican food. While planning this shower though, my goal is to throw another shower that does Italian tapas sized food! How to serve Margaritas in bulk without machines? Well, you make the mixes, then put out the tiny cups with the tequila in them. This helps too with if someone likes theirs a little stronger. The dessert buffet was just perfect. Bee's Knees Bakery & Gifts in Athens did the cake pops. If it weren't for them, my table would have been incomplete. Additionally on the table, I got the "LHD" dishes that had red and white Lindt truffles in them, red and chocolate twizzlers {yes CHOCOLATE}, red dipped pretzel rods, and key lime tartlets {Chick Pea's favorite}.


Here's an up close of the Margarita Glass shaped Cake pops and the rest were monogramed, plus the little dishes I found {via Pinterest} on The Wedding Outlet

Lastly, because the wedding party is so big, these are the bridesmaids who were able to attend this shower {minus one because she had to leave}. I am so proud of my bestie and cannot wait for the big day! More Peas, Please did some stuff for the wedding so hold on to see....


Do you have a party that you would like featured where you used our products? Please email Ashley about 10 -15 photos at MorePeasPlease@yahoo.com Be as detailed as possible and include any recognition to businesses along with their websites; whether it's Facebook, www, or Twitter. If you also have any questions, please contact us! We love designing new things!






No comments:

Post a Comment