Monday, September 12, 2016

Mermaid Inspired Birthday Party

Hello from the Pea Pod! We have had quite the summer and while I thought I had this blog already done, when I discovered I didn't, it had to wait until the first quarter of school was done. So here I am. This post is dedicated to all the Mermaids out there. Sweet Pea is a HUGE fan of anything Ariel. We even bought her a Christmas present the other day: a talking Flounder. How cute?! Her party (complete with almost 75 people) was the highlight of my March. I love throwing parties and I love that she had such a good time. We even died her hair red (with some chalk spray).

Let's begin with the Invitation (made by More Peas, Please -yours truly).

You'll note the red starfish (That was a nod to Ariel's hair color and the flower she wore in her hair), glitter tail and all of the individual circles to mimic scales. The back had all of the details.


The AMAZING staff at Solomon's Porch took all of my ideas and made them a reality. From Crab sandwiches, down to the dinglehopper cake pops. Those are hand crafted chocolates on brown sugar. The M&M's I got from a groupon! The starfish shaped pizzas were a  HUGE hit. Of course Sebastian on the candelabra completed my vision for a treasure trove. See the giant balloons? Those are 24" clear balloons to make bubbles. Along with the seaweed bubbles (which instantly became a game with the children). The jellyfish are SO easy and cheap to make - just get a paper lantern, a plastic table cloth and some hot glue. Maybe buy a glove that can withstand the heat - oops. My fingers.


Here's a Menu I designed using clipart from Jessica Sawyer Design.



Here's the decor and some more goodies. Her cake was adorable with a mermaid tail splashing up out of the cake. The party favors were each child designed their own Treasure box and filled it with gadgets and gizmos a plenty. More signage made by us. The vinyl is made by a friend who does custom vinyl pieces. They have done quite a bit of work for me and I LOVE everything they do. You can contact our shop to get in touch with them to place an order!



Sugar Pea's bow was found at Hot Topic and her dress was made by the fabulous Gypsy Geek - Sugar wears her dress at least once a week! The Balloon arch was done by a Hawaiian friend who is a local for us now and I did the streamers of glitter dots in the background. I also found these free masks online and thanks to owning a business, I didn't have to cut them out by hand. SCORE!


King {Tritan} Pea, Sugar Pea, Sweet Pea and I (as Ursula) had an amazing day. I have to give a HUGE shout out to my girl, Jessica, for doing the photography. Why? Because for real, she has an amazing eye. You can find her at Aish; Photography


Do you have a party that you would like to have featured where you used our products? Please email Ashley about 10-15 photos to MorePeasPlease@yahoo.com. Be as detailed as possible and include any recognition to businesses that you have used along with their websites. Whether it's Facebook, Twitter or www. If you have any questions, please contact us. We love designing new things!

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment